I have two nieces, who are pretty much at “Princess” age. I’ve needed a simple reference to keep track of which Princess we’re talking about at any given point.
Fortunately, the girls have agreed to refer to princesses by color, which makes it easier for me.
- Blue/Yellow (Black hair): Snow White [this one I can actually keep track of]
- Blue (Blonde with blue hairband): Cinderella
- Pink (Blonde, long hair): Aurora (Sleeping Beauty; can also sometimes be Blue, although I’m told Cindy is officially the Blue Princess)
- Green (Redhead): Ariel (Little Mermaid)
- Yellow (Brown hair): Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
- Green (Long black hair, obviously Arabian): Jasmine (Aladdin)
- Light tan (Long black hair, obviously Native American): Pocahontas
- Varies (Long black hair, obviously Asian): Mulan
- Green (African American): Tiana (Princess and the Frog)
- Purple (Ridiculously long blonde hair): Rapunzel (Tangled)
- Dark Green (Redhead): Merida (Brave)
I’m not sure if the Frozen sisters are princesses or not. One’s obviously a queen, and since the other is her sister, one assumes… but “the Frozen sisters” I can keep track of, what with them being everywhere.
And these are only the “Official” Disney Princesses. There is apparently an induction process, which not every female Disney character is entitled to. There are also, at present, no male or transgendered princesses. That was a conversation, believe me.
Anyway, now you too can have discussions like, “I was watching the green princess movie and I want to meet her the next time we go to Disney.” Flip, flip, flip. “Oh, yes, Ariel has a ride there, too, and you’re old enough to ride that.”
One of the girls is, I think, nearing the end of Princess stage and moving into a sort of lightweight Goth, which will be a lot easier to keep track of, I think. It’s just all sparkly vampires at that stage, right?