It’s the ultimate game off planet Earth: Endless Sky, a fully immersive virtual game filled with starships, aliens, space battles, and more. For Frank Kozina, it’s a welcome distraction from his boring, repetitive life as a bank call center minion, a job that he knows could be performed just as well by a Synthetic Intelligence. But Earth’s humans have to have something to keep them busy, right? But Endless Sky promises a release, a distraction; a world that will surround him, give him something meaningful to do, and connect him with narratives bigger than himself.
At least, that’s what the brochure promises.
Frank’s dive into Endless Sky starts the same as it would for anyway: take the white pill that builds the neural net inside your brain, and then the black pill to enter the game itself. Choose your character class, make your way through the tutorial mode, and finally graduate to the game itself. Will you be a starship pilot? A trader? A pirate? The possibilities seem limitless.
Except that Frank’s Endless Sky Starter Pack comes with a little something extra… something that promises to make his game a little… different. The game even suggests a character class that’s less crowded and more “in demand” within the game’s sprawling economy. It sets Frank on a journey unlike any he ever expected from a “mere” sci-fi RPG, one that will bring him to the very edge of the game… and, if he makes the right choices, back again.
It’s a big “if.”
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)