Hicks has been hard at work on this update, which includes fun stuff like working with CSV files, building auto-completers, custom logging, and a lot more, in addition to PowerShell 7-specific content.
If you’ve not bought the book, the minimum price is about $5 higher now. This update illustrates the continued commitment to the book, and the advantage of paying a bit more up-front for a “Forever Edition,” where you get all future updates for free.
Hope you enjoy!
- Update Lab setup
- Updated Introduction
- Updated A Note on Code Listings
- New teaching examples and code in Part 1
- Added a chapter on working with CSV files in Part 4
- Added a chapter on Auto Completers to Part 5
- Added a chapter on custom formatting to Part 5
- Added a chapter on logging to Part 5
- Added Part 7 to cover PowerShell 7 scripting concepts and techniques
- Links updated and revised throughout the entire book
- Spelling, grammar and code clean up throughout the entire book
- Sample code files encoding set to UTF8
2019-Jul-12 (These changes were never published as a new version of the book)
- Markdown cleanup on all chapters
- Updated Author page
- Updates to Tips and Tricks
- Updates to Advanced Function Tricks
- Updated Lab Setup
- Updated many references and examples to reflect newer builds of PowerShell and VS Code
- code cleanup and reformatting for clarity