- Publisher: Manning Books
- Available in: Paperback,eBook
- ISBN: 9781617299070
Own Your Tech Career: Soft skills for technologists is a guide to taking control of your professional life. It teaches you to approach your career with planning and purpose, always making active decisions towards your goals.
Whatever your road to success, you’ll benefit from the toolbox of career-boosting techniques you’ll find in Own Your Tech Career: Soft skills for technologists. You’ll discover in-demand communication and teamwork skills, essential rules for professionalism, tactics of the modern job hunt, and more.
In Own Your Tech Career, you will:
- Define what “success” means for your career
- Discover personal branding and career maintenance
- Prepare for and conduct a tech job hunt
- Spot speed bumps and barriers that can derail your progress
- Learn how to navigate the rules of the business world
- Perform market analysis to keep your tech skills fresh and relevant
about the topic
Success in a technology career requires more than technical ability. Achieving your career goals takes clear communication, top-notch time and productivity management, and a knack for navigating business needs. These “soft skills” are vital for a well-rounded career in tech, whether as a valuable employee or a successful freelancer.
about the book
Own Your Tech Career is a guide to getting what you want out of your career in tech. You’ll start by defining your ambitions—whether that’s a high salary, a great work/life balance, or something else entirely. Once you know where you’re going, you’ll begin your journey to success with the adaptable advice laid out in this book to help you on your way.
You’ll take a deep dive into the communication, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills that employers prize in technologists, and master “nine rules of professionalism” that will keep you on track through the daily grind. Finally, you’ll pay it forward with advice on becoming an amazing mentor of your juniors, and leader of your peers.
about the reader
For professionals who want to take control of their career in technology.
about the author
Microsoft MVP Don Jones brings his years of experience as a successful IT trainer to this engaging guide. Don is a sought-after conference speaker, career mentor, and author of the international bestseller Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches. He has led dozens of career and job workshops for tech professionals.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)