This is an example job description, referred to in my book, Master Your Technology Career (Manning Books)
Company, LLC. is based in Tampa and is a firm that specializes in IT Audit and Cybersecurity.
Due to our continued growth, we are adding a talented, highly motivated and service delivery-oriented DevOps Engineer to our team. This integral role will focus on delivering end-to-end product solutions where stability and security are the highest priorities.
The DevOps Engineer will be an integral part of our Infrastructure and Security team. This key team member is responsible for deployment of infrastructure as code with expertise in AWS. Kubernetes experience is required! We have an open, visible environment and this position will interact with decisions makers on a daily basis. We align with a tech firm in that we are big on collaboration, making decisions quickly, and remaining as dynamic and agile as possible. Our roles are challenging and rewarding. If you like a fast-paced environment where you are staying at the forefront of technology and constantly learning, this position would be a great fit.
Our ideal candidate for this job (is):
· 4+ years of DevOps experience – supporting production cloud infrastructure (must include AWS), containerizing modern web applications (Docker, Kubernetes), and the cloud native ecosystem
· 4+ years of experience with Linux-based server operating systems
· 4+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code (Terraform)
· Strong understanding of web service fundamentals, such as HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, TCP/UDP, performance monitoring, caching, load balancing and logging
· Strong understanding of and experience maintaining a healthy CI/CD pipeline, as well as familiarity with deployment strategies
· Working knowledge of relational DBMS such as MySQL
· Proficient in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, or Rust
· Experience with a service mesh technology (Istio, Consul)
· Experience working with software and SaaS vendors through trials, new implementations, renewals, and decommissioning
· Security-driven, highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
· Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams to achieve a shared mission
· Experience using agile methodologies to plan and track project work
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate project plans and progress with stakeholders across the business, including experience producing technical documentation
· Enjoys new technological challenges and is motivated to solve them
· This position is part of a distributed team based out of our Tampa, FL office, which requires the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues remotely
· Must speak fluent English and be located within the United States
· Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or be working towards it
· AWS Certified Architect or be working towards it